30+ years of visualizing the real world
From the outset, Cyclomedia was unique in providing large-scale and systematic visualization of physical environments using specialized technology to collect 360˚ spherical imagery from a moving vehicle. The technology concept was begun at the Technical University of Delft, conducting the initial research to develop a camera prototype in 1980.
In the 30+ years since its academic beginnings, Cyclomedia has relentless pursued a path of focused technology innovation and excellence. New developments in camera technology and innovations with 3D image capture keep the company at the forefront of the fields and in a position to help customers solve business challenges. Read about the important milestones below.
1980 - 1994
- 1980 - Start research 'FRANK' System (TU Delft)
- 1988 - Development of prototype fisheye cameras and recording vehicles
- 1994 - Start experiment with Dutch Cadaster, Amsterdam and Rotterdam
- DCR9 - 9th Generation digital recording system
- Point clouds - Started with 3D point clouds & textured mesh processing
2014 - 2015
- 2014 - 10th Generation digital recording system: DCR 10
- 2015 - Nationwide oblique (NL)