Data Extraction Analyst
Location: Madison, WI
The Data Extraction Analyst is an entry level position that utilizes advanced proprietary LiDAR point cloud visualization and extraction software. In this position you will assist in the creation and management of a digital asset library for public and private transportation and industrial applications. The work will involve extracting and analyzing LiDAR data from multiple imaging sensors to create a detailed map of various environments. This position calls for an understanding of established procedures and guidelines to accurately collect information within a 3D environment.Apply Now
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and processes project data according to established procedures and guidelines.
- Extracts assets and applies attribution from point cloud and imagery data.
- Ability to obtain an advanced understanding of proprietary software and any necessary custom processing applications within six months from date of hire.
- Checks accuracy of own work and follows quality procedures throughout data extraction process.
- Balances attention to detail with the overall timeline for completion of work.
- Works independently to identify and solve project related problems.
- Meets regularly with team to assess requirements/procedures and participates in decision-making.
- Identifies and reports process and data quality issues to their Supervisor.
- Updates progress sheets, completes documentation needed to support quality assurance procedures and tracks daily activities.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent required.
- Bachelor or Associate degree preferred.
- 1+ years of data entry, customer service, or similar experience
- Basic knowledge of GIS applications and file formats is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and work in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- 3D environment navigation, such as gaming and CAD is a plus.
This job requires sitting and working on monitors for extended periods of time.
- Full-time. 8:00am-4:30pm CST. Overtime may be available. Flexible schedules are available.
- Working from home is available after passing a two (2) week on-site training. Must live within 1.5 hours of Middleton Office.
- Cyclomedia provides insurance benefits to full time employees, paid time off, 10 paid holidays plus your birthday off!
- Cyclomedia provides a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages and a comfortable work atmosphere with casual dress.
- We are located the beautiful neighborhood of Middleton, west of Madison