Capturing and processing data
To produce the images and LiDAR data, we use the following standardized steps: Project Preparation, Data Capturing, Data Processing, Quality Control and Data Publication.
1. Project Preparation
At the start of any project, preparation is essential to ensure we meet the customer’s expectations. As well as ensuring effective and efficient project execution. This preparation includes geographical scope definition, gaining authorization and detailed project planning.
3. Data Processing
Powerful cloud-based software has been developed to automatically process tens of millions of high-quality panoramic images and point clouds. This ensures sufficient capacity and stability to process annual data volumes of between 300,000 and 400,000 kilometres.
Data Processing Steps:
- A position is created for each recording location.
- The system captures five individual images, per recording location. These single images are “stitched” together to create one parallax-free cyclorama.
- To comply with privacy regulations, faces and vehicle licence plates are blurred in every cyclorama.
- Cyclomedia takes extreme care in calculating the exact cyclorama positions. From the initial calculated locations, multiple adjustments are performed to improve the relative positioning.
- The final step is processing the LiDAR data into 3D Cycloramas and a LiDAR point cloud file.
5. Publishing and Data Delivery
The data will only be published, after the final processing steps have been completed. The information will then be accessible using Street Smart, Cyclomedia's online web viewer.